Saturday, August 14, 2010

I've been BUSY!!!!

I've been making costumes and building a play dressing screen.....for my Granddaughter Marley......I made her a mini album too but I haven't finish it yet but I will post it later......
I bought this screen at a yard sale for $4
Then I cut the bottom off to make it 4 ft tall.......and painted it......it didn't take long to dry because it is over 100 degree here (TN) I started with the white paint first, then the black....... and painted each of the colors twice......and touch up's too....
I went to Hancock Fabric to get the material, lace and trim....I staple the material onto the screen and hot glue the lace and trim above it....

I iron the folds into each of the panels......the bottom of them is a small board that I staple the material onto and then hot glue it to the screen......
Then I went to the dollar store and got the frames .....On the frames are wall decor large stickers.....which I cut out and pop up onto the frames.....attach some of the flowers that was with the sticker set........I also Mod Podge all of them to keep them in good shape.....
attach  the ribbon and bows.......and then hot glue them onto the frame.....
The middle decor is a 9 X 12 board that I mod podge the paper onto and all the emblishments too....I made the flowers and the little charm......painted the "M" in white and then dotted pink polka dots on  it.....
Now this sounds so easy and it is.....but it took me a week and half to pull it all together..... my GD Marley will have years of fun with this........
Next I will post here costumes I made for her and her mini album......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments..